|Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. No mixer needed and no chilling necessary!|
These are my favorite chocolate chip cookies to make. The work to taste ratio is absolutely perfect. NO CHILLING is necessary and you don’t even use a mixer. I’ve made these probably 50 times and they never get old, especially with the addition of M&Ms.
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) of unsalted butter (no substitutions)
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup (280 grams) all purpose white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips* (or 1 cup M&Ms and 1 cup chocolate chips)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Add the butter to a medium sized microwave safe bowl. If the butter is straight from the refrigerator put it in the microwave for 45 seconds. It should be half melted and half super soft. If the butter was from the freezer it will take a bit longer. (Make sure to watch my video above to see exactly what the butter is supposed to look like.) This is the most important part of getting these cookies right!!!
- Add in the brown and white sugar. If you have a kitchen scale (this is the one I use and is super cheap) use that instead of measuring cups. It is more precise and will lead to a better cookie.
- Stir the butter and sugar together until smooth with a whisk.
- Add in the egg. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in the egg yolk. Whisk until smooth. (if you don’t know how to separate an egg here is a good tutorial).
- Whisk in the vanilla.
- Add the flour on top of the wet ingredients (use a kitchen scale if possible). Don’t stir just yet. Now add in the baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Now stir with a spoon,folding the flour into the wet mixture rather than mixing or stirring vigorously. Watch the video above at minute 3:30 to see this in action. This will take a couple of minutes. It will seem like there is too much flour, but there’s not. Just keep folding.
- Now add in the chocolate chips/M&Ms and fold in until combined.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. (This is really important. Parchment paper helps the cookies bake evenly and they don’t stick to the pan). Drop the dough using a medium cookie scooper (1 1/2 Tbsp of cookie dough for each cookie) onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake one pan at a time. Check the cookies at 8 minutes and go from there. It should take a total of about 10-12 minutes. You’ll want to take the cookies out when you can barely see a little brown on top of the cookies. Don’t overbake! (you can see what they’re supposed to look like at minute 6 of the video)
- Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Carefully slide the parchment paper off the
cookie sheet. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes (until you can’t stand it anymore) and then enjoy. Store leftovers in an airtight container. Cookies will be good for 1-2 days. I like to freeze any
that I don’t eat right away.
- Category: Dessert