- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I use whole wheat flour that has been ground from soft white wheat, this is the best way to keep the pancakes less dense)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 very ripe medium to large banana (If the banana is not ripe it won’t be sweet enough)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder*
- Chocolate chips (mini would work best)*
- Add all of the ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a blender. Blend on a low speed until well processed.
- On a hot greased griddle (I use a non-stick cooking spray like Pam), pour 1/4 cup of the batter. Cook for about one minute until bubbles start to form. If desired, sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of each pancakes. Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute on the opposite side.
- Serve the pancakes with butter and syrup or just plain. I like to top my pancakes with sliced bananas.
*You can leave out the cocoa powder and chocolate chips and these pancakes are still really good.