Makes 4-6 servings
Flavorseal Homestyle Gravy Liner (this product is no longer available)
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, frozen
1 small onion, diced
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp water
2 cups water
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp flour
1. Unfold liner an place into slow cooker.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl combine the onion, tomato paste and 1 Tbsp water. Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes.
3. Place chicken in bottom of liner. Top with onion mixture and mushrooms. Pour water into liner making sure to wet all sides of the seasoned liner. Swish the water around and really get all sides of the liner moistened.
4. Tie up the bag with some string
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
6. Carefully untie the bag. Remove chicken and shred it. Add back into the slow cooker.
7. Mix the flour into the sour cream and then stir it into the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH with the lid off for another 30 minutes or so.
8. Serve chicken and sauce over egg noodles.
Out of all three Flavorseal liner’s I’ve used I definitely think that the Homestyle Gravy Liner is the best. I loved the chicken pot pie and I loved this easy stroganoff. When using these liners I really recommend getting them totally moistened beforehand or else you’ll have crusty unused seasonings at the end. I also love tying up the bags as they keep all the seasonings and juices into the meat. 4 stars.