- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Sargento® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Thinly cut the chicken breasts into ¼ inch slices, so that they’ll fry quickly. Salt and pepper each of the pieces of chicken.
- Prepare three bowls. Pour breadcrumbs, garlic powder and Sargento® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian into one bowl. Flour into another bowl and the egg and water into the third bowl.
- Coat each piece of chicken in flour and shake off any excess. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and finally into the breadcrumbs. Repeat the steps for each of the remaining pieces of chicken. Place the chicken on a plate.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. When the pan is hot but not smoking, add the chicken. Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Use tongs to turn chicken over. Cook on opposite side for another 3 minutes. Place chicken on a plate that has a double layer of paper towels. The grease will drain on the paper towels. Use this chicken in the following recipes.