Chicken and mushrooms in a tomato-based sauce. An easy Instant Pot recipe!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onions
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed tomato soup
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the onions and mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the chicken in an even layer on the bottom of the pot. Add in the vinegar. Sprinkle the chicken with basil, oregano, pepper and salt. Spoon the tomato soup on the top (don’t let it touch the bottom of the pot).
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes for tenderloins or 12 minutes for chicken thighs. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken and sauce over pasta and then top with parmesan cheese.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot