Layers of seasoned chicken, cheese, crunchy Fritos, sour cream and salsa all wrapped in a golden crispy tortilla. Make the chicken fast and easy in your Instant Pot!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs and/or breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 large tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded pepper jack or colby jack cheese
- 8 Tbsp fresh pico de gallo or salsa
- 8 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 cups Fritos
- Place chicken into Instant Pot. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle in the taco seasoning, garlic and onion flakes and stir to coat the chicken. Pour in the broth.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes for fresh chicken (or 15 minutes for frozen chicken). When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to move chicken to a cutting board. Chop or shred the chicken and then return it back into the Instant Pot and stir in with the juices.
- When ready to assemble the crunchwraps turn a griddle on to 350° F to heat up (you can also do this in a pan on the stove over medium heat).
- Place a tortilla flat on the counter. Scoop about a half cup of chicken into middle of tortilla. Then top the chicken with ¼ cup of cheese, 1 Tbsp pico, 1 Tbsp sour cream and ¼ cup of Fritos.
- Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, followed by the other side. Press lightly to flatten.
- Spray the seam side of the wrap with nonstick cooking spray or lightly brush with olive oil (this helps them get extra crispy).
- Place the wraps seam-side down on the preheated griddle or skillet (cooking this side first will help them not fall apart). Cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-4 minutes, pressing lightly with a spatula to flatten a bit while cooking.
- Spray the top with nonstick cooking spray and flip. Cook for another 2-4 minutes, pressing lightly with a spatula, until the tortilla is golden and the filling is hot and cheese is melty.
- Cut the wraps in half and serve warm.
Slow cooker instructions: Place chicken into slow cooker. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle in the taco seasoning, garlic and onion flakes and stir to coat the chicken. Pour in the broth. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Then complete the recipe by starting with step 3.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot