1 box Devils Food Cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Make the sweetened condensed milk into caramel sauce. Click here for the recipe.
2. After caramel is cooled, mix it together with the cream cheese until it is smooth and creamy.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs and oil together.
4. Spray a 9 x 13 inch dish with non stick cooking spray. Take the cake mix mixture (except for 1 cup) and pat on the bottom of the dish. Top with cream cheese mixture and spread out nicely. Crumble the rest of the cake mix mixture over the top of the cream cheese. Sprinkle the dish with chocolate chips.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 18-20 minutes.
Not really a slow cooker recipe, but I had to share. You do make the caramel sauce in the slow cooker, I guess so we’ll count it. I bought a case of devils food cake mixes. A case people. What in the world was I thinking? So anyhow, this is one way to use devils food cake mix. It’s delicious, it’s easy and it will please the crowd. 4 stars.
Gina Benson says
My kids can eat a whole batch of those cake mix cookies in 1-2 days. They like them plain without the frosting.
Triny Kay says
i can't wait to try this! sounds really yummy!