One pan for you, one pan for your friend. An easy recipe for a noodle bake with marinara sauce, mozzarella and more. Use your Instant Pot to prep this recipe fast!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onions
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 (12 oz) bag egg noodles
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (25 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz (2 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the turkey and break it up. Add in the onions, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Brown for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the egg noodles. Cover the noodles with the green peppers and the diced tomatoes. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute on high pressure. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Stir in the butter and let it melt. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Get out 2 8×8 inch square baking pans (or 1 9×13 inch pan). Pour a third of a cup of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of each of the pans and use a spoon to spread it out. Pour half of the noodle mixture into one of the pans and half into the other pan. Pour half of the remaining sauce over the top of one of the pans and then the rest over the other pan. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese on one pan and then the other.
- If you want to eat immediately: Heat oven to 350 and bake for 10-15 minutes. If you want to refrigerate for tomorrow: Cover with foil and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to eat bake at 350 for 20 minutes with the foil on, remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes. If you want to freeze: Cover tightly with foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat bake at 350 for 45 minutes with the foil on. Remove the foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Category: Turkey
- Method: Instant Pot and Oven