Beef Pan Fried Noodles are made with the help of your Instant Pot. They are better than what you’d order at a Chinese restaurant! This dinner makes a heaping pile of stir fried beef and vegetables in a savory sauce with noodles.
- 1 pound beef stir fry meat
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar (I used Nakano seasoned roasted garlic)
- 2 (3 oz) packages of ramen noodles
- 4 Tbsp canola or peanut oil
- Half of a head of cabbage
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- half of a red or yellow onion
- 2 carrots
For the sauce:
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Marinate the meat: Add the meat to a medium bowl Add in the 4 tsp of cornstarch, kosher salt and 1 Tbsp vinegar. Toss with your hands to coat the beef evenly. Set aside.
- Cook noodles: Pour 2 cups of water in the Instant Pot. Add in the 2 packages of noodles (discard the seasoning packet). Cover Instant Pot and secure lid. Set manual/pressure cook button to zero minutes. When time is up move the valve to venting and remove the lid. Drain and set aside in a colander to dry.
- Prepare vegetables: While the noodles are cooking prepare your vegetables. Chop the cabbage mince the ginger, mince the garlic, slice the onion, peel and slice the carrots into matchsticks. Set aside.
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl whisk together the beef broth, low sodium soy sauce, oyster sauce, 1 tsp rice vinegar, 2 Tbsp cornstarch, sugar and white pepper. Set aside.
- Cook beef: Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in 1 Tbsp of the oil. Add the beef and spread out in a single layer using tongs. Let cook for 30 seconds undisturbed. Flip to cook the other side until browned. Stir until cooked through. Move meat to a plate and set aside.
- Cook vegetables: Add in remaining 2 Tbsp of the oil. Add in the onion, cabbage, carrots, ginger and garlic. Toss well to coat in oil. Cook for a couple minutes, until veggies start to soften.
- Sauce it up: Add in the sauce. Stir until sauce thickens. Add in the beef and the noodles. Toss everything together. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot