Chopped chicken drizzled with Alabama white barbecue sauce piled on top of rolls and topped with melty cheese. These are addicting!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs and breasts (I use a combination of both)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 large package (16 rolls) hawaiian rolls
- Monterey jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
Alabama White BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp horseradish
- Make the bbq sauce by adding the mayo, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, pepper, salt, cayenne and horseradish into a medium bowl. Whisk well. Cover and refrigerate. (This is about twice as much barbecue sauce as you’ll need but it’s great to have leftovers for another meal).
- Add chicken, water, bouillon, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, oregano and black pepper into Instant Pot.
- Cover and lock lid into place. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes for fresh or 15 minutes for frozen. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to place chicken on a cutting board. Use a large knife to chop the chicken.
- Use a large serrated knife to slice the slider rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottom layer of the rolls on a baking sheet.
- Distribute the chicken on top of the rolls. Drizzle the top of the chicken with the white sauce (you’ll have extra sauce). Then place slices of cheese on top. Finally place the tops of the rolls on top.
- In a small bowl stir together the melted butter and the garlic salt. Use a pastry brush to brush the butter over the tops of the rolls.
- Cover the pan with foil. Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
You can also do step 2 and 3 in the slow cooker. Add the chicken ingredients into slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot and Oven