Homemade chicken nuggets made in your air fryer. They are juicy and tender and really simple to make! They taste just as good as the restaurant.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Peanut oil or vegetable oil
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite size nugget pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and egg. Stir in the chicken pieces. Marinate for 1-2 hours.
- In a bowl with a lid add the flour, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir well. Use tongs to place the chicken pieces (shake them of excess buttermilk) into the flour mixture. Put the lid on the container and shake to coat the chicken pieces in the flour.
- Preheat air fryer to 400° F. Add the chicken pieces in one layer into the air fryer rack. Use a pastry brush to brush a little oil on the chicken pieces. Air fry for 4 minutes. Turn over and air fry for 4 more minutes.
- Move the cooked pieces to a plate and then repeat the cooking process with the remaining chicken nuggets.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauces.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fryer