Old fashioned meatloaf and mashed potatoes made at the same time in your Instant Pot!
For the potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp milk
For the meatloaf
- 1 pound 85/15 ground beef
- 1 Tbsp dehydrated onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 saltines, crushed
- 1/4 cup ketchup + more for the glaze
- Place potatoes in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add in the bay leaf, 1 tsp kosher salt and garlic cloves. Pour in the water. Place the trivet on top of the potatoes with the handles facing up.
- In a bowl add the ground beef, onion flakes, garlic powder, Worcestershire, egg, kosher salt, pepper, saltine crumbs and ketchup. Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- On the top of a piece of non-stick foil form the meat mixture into a oblong shape that will fit inside your Instant Pot. Carefully transfer the foil and the meatloaf on top of the trivet.
- Cover Instant Pot. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Lift the foil and place on a pan. Baste the top of the meatloaf with some ketchup and place under the broiler in your oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove the trivet. Discard the bay leaf. Drain all the water out of the pot. Add in the butter, sour cream and milk. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the meatloaf and serve with the potatoes.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot