5 years ago today I started a blog. A blog that would document my time cooking in the slow cooker for 365 days. At the end of the year I hoped that I would be able to put a cookbook together with the best recipes. I thought of my blog as a little side note in my life. Little did I know how much of my life it would become over the years. I am proud of what my blog has become. I’ve come a long way and learned a lot (although I readily admit that I have a lot more to learn).
I started 5 years ago with one slow cooker recipe…now I’ve literally made hundreds of meals in my slow cookers. I started with one slow cooker to now having 12 (!). I’ve learned that now matter how good a recipe is nobody is going to make it if it doesn’t have a presentable photo. I’ve become the author of a published cookbook. I’ve had unique and interesting opportunities such as being on TV over 50 times. I commented to my husband the other day that I don’t even get nervous at all or think twice about being on TV anymore. It’s interesting because that is so not my personality!! (I’ve an introvert through and through). I’ve turned my blog into a job and that is a huge huge blessing. I’m a mom, first and foremost, to my two children. It is such an awesome blessing to be able to stay home with them and still be able to have something of my own that I LOVE. I really do love my job. I think it is the best job in the whole world for me. I can’t think of anything else that I would want to do at this point in my life! With these thoughts in mind, I’ve been anxious and excited to do a fun giveaway for my loyal readers. Let’s face it, without you there would be no blog! So let’s celebrate this mile marker with a giveaway of some of my favorite things!
|A HUGE thank you to Saladmaster, Crock-Pot®, Reynolds® Wrap, Shirley J and General Mills for providing the awesome prizes in this giveaway!|
I’ll be giving away the following items:
1. Saladmaster machine (retails for $499)
2. The brand new Crock-Pot® Digital Slow Cooker with iStir™ Stirring System (retails for $69.99). This is the latest slow cooker from Crock-Pot® and has the ability to stir the contents of your slow cooker. It has a countdown digital timer as well. Simply prepare ingredients, set cook time and attach the motor housing with proper paddle in place. Choose the general purpose paddle for soup and chili or the stew paddle for thick stew and more dense dishes. After an initial 2-hour delay, the stirring self-activates every 30 minutes to ensure thorough mixing and even heating until turned off. It also has a regular lid for stirless cooking, if you prefer. It is a 6-quart slow cooker that is stainless steel. You’re going to love it!
3. Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. If you’ve used these babies before, you know how convenient they are! It make clean up so super duper easy. Reynolds® Slow Cooker liners prevent a baked on mess and eliminate soaking and scrubbing slow cookers. They are made with a special heat resistant material that holds in even the heartiest ingredients. Simply place the liner into a slow-cooker, fill it, then cook as you normally would. When you’re done cooking, just toss away the liner and enjoy your meal without a thought to any messy clean up. I’ll be giving away 4 boxes of these so you’ll be set for a while. Be careful though, once you start using these you’ll never want to cook in your slow cooker without them again 🙂
4. Shirley J Products. If you’ve read my blog for a while you know that I use and love Shirley J products. I’m constantly using their Chicken and Beef bouillon. I love the flavor of it and that you only have to use 1/2 as much because it’s ultra concentrated. I’ve also really love their Pizza and Pasta seasoning. It is so easy to make pizza sauce….simply add a tablespoon of the seasoning to a can of tomato sauce. Yum! If you win, you’ll receive a collection of my favorite Shirley J Products! (P.S. for those of you in Utah, you can now purchase these products at Harmon’s grocery stores 🙂
5. Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch. I have been totally addicted to this cereal since it came on the market (I think last summer). I try to get myself to eat other things for breakfast but I always come back to this cereal. It is soooo yummy. I love it and that’s why I asked General Mills if they’d be willing to donate 6 boxes for my giveaway. And they said yes…lucky for the winner 🙂
This Giveaway is now closed. Mrs. Confidence is the winner
How to Enter:
Follow me in ONE of the following ways (something you’re NOT currently doing already) and then make a COMMENT on this post telling me which way you’re following me (make sure to leave your name and a way to get a hold of you if you win).
- Google Plus
- Subscribe by Email
- (Scroll to the bottom of this post and you’ll see a graphic that says “Like This Post? Follow 365 Days of Slow Cooking by e-mail”)
There will be one winner of the giveaway…winner takes all! Giveaway ends in 2 weeks.
Good luck, friends. (U.S. residents only, please).