3 years ago today I wrote my first post on this blog. It read…
“I have decided to try to use my crockpot for 365 days in a row! That is the basis of this blog. I will blog about my efforts and post recipes and pictures. I hope that you will try the recipes and comment about your own successes and failures. I typically haven’t used the crockpot all that much since I’ve had one; however, that is about to change! I’m sure after this experiment is over with our whole family will be sick of the crockpot and go back to the oven.”
3 years later and I’m still using the best appliance ever at least 4 or 5 times a week. Boo yeah.
Looking back I totally didn’t realize how much a part of my life this blog would become! I have had so many great experiences these last 3 years. Some of them are…
- As a stay-at-home mom I’ve had the chance to feel like I’m connected with many adults even though I spend the majority of my time at home with young kids.
- I’ve been able to get really really awesome at using the slow cooker. I have learned SO much about slow cookers, slow cooker recipes, why things turn out, why things don’t turn out, etc. etc.
- I’ve taught dozens of slow cooking classes
- I’ve been featured on TV, radio, magazines and newspapers.
- I’ve put together 2 cookbooks.
- I’ve blogged 885 different posts about slow cooking (holy cow!)
- I started with one slow cooker and now I have 9!
- I’ve had almost 1.5 million pageviews with viewers from 173 different countries.
- I started a facebook page for 365 Days of Slow Cooking and we now have almost 6,000 fans.
Whether you’ve been following me for 1,095 days of 1 day...thank you! It’s so fun for me to see what things you like, the things you’ve discovered, and the things you’ve pinned on Pinterest.
Congratulations! I found your blog recently via pinterest and it's given me a lot of inspiration to try different crock pot recipes. Thank you!
Many accolades to you! You are providing a valuable service to your readers…especially me!…and I appreciate your presence in the blogosphere. Keep up the great work!
That's so awesome, congratulations!
I am so happy for you!!!
You are amazing!!!
Congrats! Still one of the best blogs.