Chicken is infused with lots of bright flavors. Green salsa, honey, lime, and plenty of seasonings will have you licking your plate! This chicken is perfect with rice, on tortillas, wrapped up in lettuce or plain.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mild salsa verde
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- Label a zipper freezer bag with the title Instant Pot Honey Lime Salsa Verde Chicken.
- Add chicken, olive oil, chili powder, kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, pepper, salsa verde and honey into the bag. Seal the bag securely.
- Freeze the bag in a shape that will fit into your Instant Pot. I like to use these freezer containers* to help me!
For day of servings/cooking:
Add ½ cup fresh lime juice into your Instant Pot. Dump in the contents of the bag. Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes for thawed or 15 minutes for frozen (if bag is frozen flat) or 20 minutes (if bag is frozen in shape of IP). When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Use tongs to place the chicken on a cutting board. Then shred the chicken. Then turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting and let the juices boil and reduce down for 10 minutes. You don’t need to stir. Turn off the Instant Pot and then stir the chicken back into the pot and coat the chicken with the juices. Serve and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions: Follow assembly instructions above. To cook add contents of bag into your slow cooker along with the lime juice. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove the lid and shred the chicken. If you want more flavor you can reduce the juices on the stove by boiling for about 10 minutes. Serve topped with fresh cilantro.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot