Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Kitchen Tip Tuesday: Keeping chicken totally tender
I'm so excited about this new tip that I kind of found out by accident.
**Use a slow cooker liner to keep your chicken moist in the slow cooker.
This is how...
1. Place a slow cooker liner inside your slow cooker.
2. Pile all the ingredients into the liner.
3. Gather up the edges of the liner and use some kitchen string or a piece of yarn to tie it up.
4. Cover your slow cooker and cook as recommended on the recipe.
5. Carefully remove the string and open up the bag. Serve!
It seems like this trick really helped keep the chicken extra moist and kept it from getting dried out (similar to how the oven bags keep a turkey moist). I used my favorite chicken, the boneless skinless thighs. They hold up fairly well, anyhow, in the slow cooker (unlike chicken breasts) but this just helped it even more. So if you're convinced that you want to use chicken breasts in the slow cooker I would use this trick (along with LOW heat and cooking for only about 4 hours).