Makes about 9 cups shredded chicken
Ideal slow cooker size: 6-8 quart
4-5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breasts (about half and half of each cut of meat)
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 1/2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp seasoned salt
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Place chicken in bottom of large slow cooker (it should fill up your slow cooker almost right to the top).
2. Dissolve the bouillon in the water. Pour over the chicken.
3. Sprinkle the chicken with the garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, oregano and black pepper.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours (thawed chicken) or about 6-8 hours (frozen chicken).
5. When chicken is cooked through and tender remove from slow cooker and place on cutting board. Using two forks shred the meat.
6. Pack the meat into recloseable plastic bags and freeze. Use in any recipe that calls for cooked chicken.
A basic recipe that I'm ashamed I have never posted! This adaptation from Mountain Mama Cooks is delicious and seasoned perfectly. I've been using the cooked chicken in all sorts of great recipe that I'll post in the future...buffalo chicken salad, bacon and chicken pizza, burrito bowls etc. This chicken is so handy! It is perfect for those days when you need to put something together quickly and don't have time to thaw chicken and brown it. I like to make a lot all at once...you may as well since you're already getting out all the ingredients. 4 stars.