Makes about 15 balls
1/2 lb candy coating chocolate
1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/8 tsp vanilla
1 cup coconut (plus more for topping)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup rice krispies
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, butter, vanilla, coconut, sugar and rice krispies. Mix until smooth.
2. Take about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place on a cookie sheet that has been covered with parchment paper.
3. Place in the freezer.
4. In your Little Dipper Crockpot (or a small slow cooker) place your chocolate. Cover and cook on LOW or WARM for and hour, while the cookie dough is chilling.
5. Stir the chocolate until creamy. Dip cookie balls in the chocolate with a fork. Cover entirely with chocolate and place on cookie sheet that has been covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle with coconut, if desired.
6. Let chocolate set and then serve (or chill if desired).
I had a dream.
No, really, I literally had a dream. And it was about coconut peanut butter dough dipped in chocolate. I woke up and was so excited to try this out. (that just shows you how much I think about food. I am even dreaming about it these days).
I love the buckeyes that we make but I thought I would step them up a notch by adding coconut and rice krispies. They were awesome. At least I thought so. So I decided to try them out on my in-laws. I didn't say anything about them. I just set them on the counter in a tupperware container. A little bit later I looked in the container and there was only one left. My sister-in-law said, "those are the best things I've ever eaten!" Now that is a compliment. I was so happy that they liked them as much as I did. If you're a fan of coconut you'll love these. 5 stars.