I love the combination of mint and chocolate together. Andes mints, Junior Mints, Mint M&Ms, mint chocolate chip ice cream, thin mint girl scout cookies!! All are awesome to me. This is a super duper simple recipe and tastes great over vanilla ice cream or if you wanted to get real crazy you could serve it over mint chocolate chip ice cream.
My daughter and her friend had so much fun filming this short video to show you how easy this recipe is to make. I hope you like it! (Make sure to see episodes 1, 2 and 3 of the video series!)Print
Slow Cooker Mint Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 15-20 servings 1x
- 1 cup mint chips (these are green, I like the Guittard brand)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Milk, to thin out if needed
- Dump the mint and chocolate chips and the heavy cream in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 1 hour, or until chocolate is melted.
- Stir until chocolate chips are melted and the consistency is smooth. Add in milk one tablespoon at a time, to thin out the sauce, if needed.
- Serve over ice cream or you can use it as fondue and dip marshmallows, cookies, pretzels etc, in it.
Ideal slow cooker size: 2-3 quart
Suzy q says
Fantastic idea, love the girls I will try it tomorrow
Jamie Morton says
Looks yummy! And it's so easy to make. Thanks for sharing. I will try making it with the kids. I'm sure they will love it.
Home cleaning Maida Vale
Marie (Food Nouveau) says
I love the fact that you found a way to use your slow cooker for this frozen treat social, way to keep it in line with the theme of your blog! This fudge sauce looks amazing and versatile, I'd pour it over many different desserts, not just ice cream! Thanks for sharing, and I'm happy Becky and Lindsey's ice cream social allowed me to discover your blog.
Wendy Lu says
I can think of lots of yummy ice cream recipes this would pair perfectly with!
Barbara Bakes says
What a fun, easy way to make a chocolate sauce.
Becky @ Project Domestication says
One of my sister's is a huge mint chocolate fan. I've got to make this for her!
Thanks so much for participating. I love that this is made in the slow cooker.
Lindsey Johnson says
Love this recipe! I'm a huge fan of mint and chocolate. In any form. 🙂
Thanks so much for joining the party! I say we do this in real life.
Carrian Cheney says
Now that is a fantastic idea! Plus, it will stay warm while the guests arrive. Love it! Genius, genius!
Shawn @ I Wash...You Dry says
Insane! What a great idea for an ice cream party. I LOVE IT!