|Slow Cooker Oriental Chicken|
Makes 6 servings
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and cut each thigh into 4 pieces
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
2 tsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp flour
Ground red pepper (optional)
Fresh or ground ginger (optional)
Red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
1. Mix the butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, tapioca, Dijon mustard and garlic powder in a bowl.
2. Place chicken thighs in bottom of slow cooker and sprinkle the flour on top of chicken. Stir to coat.
3. Pour soy sauce mixture over the top of the chicken.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
5. Stir in ground red pepper and ginger to taste, if desired. Serve over seasoned rice and top with red bell pepper.
I kept thinking about this recipe and decided I would try it myself and see how it turned out. It turned out pretty good. It seemed like something was missing at the end so I added the ground red pepper, ginger and bell pepper. That seemed to help give it a little more flavor, but it still seemed a little lacking to me. I couldn’t figure out what else to add. Anyhow, it was still gobbled up and pretty tasty but I would rather eat these other Asian dishes before this one:
Asian Lime Chicken
Thai Peanut Chicken
Honey Garlic Chicken
I give this recipe 3 1/2 stars
Leave a Reply