Mexican food is one of my faves. And EASY Mexican food is even better. This easy peasy recipe for black bean and salsa chicken in the crockpot will be a family favorite! It’s easy, tastes good and best yet, you can throw the chicken in frozen. Always a good thing for a busy morning!
|Slow Cooker Creamy Black Bean Salsa Chicken|
4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup salsa or picante sauce
1 cup frozen corn
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
2 Tbsp minute tapioca
1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
1 Tbsp flour
Salt and pepper
Hot cooked rice
Topping optionsl: grated cheddar cheese, avocado slices, diced tomatoes, tortilla chips, lime
1. Throw the frozen chicken in the slow cooker. Cover it with the salsa, corn, beans, taco seasoning and tapioca.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours (if chicken is not frozen then only cook for 4-6 hours).
3. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Either shred it or cut it up into bite size pieces.
4. In a small bowl or cup, stir together the sour cream and flour. Then stir the mixture into the crock. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Turn slow cooker to HIGH and let cook for about 15 minutes without the lid, so things can thicken a bit.
6. Spoon chicken and sauce over rice and top with desired toppings.
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram! I’m fairly new there but having a lot of fun with real time photos!