Makes 6-8 servings
2 – 2 1/2 lbs of beef chuck roast (halved)
1 small onion, cut into chunks
1 cup red enchilada sauce (I used mild)
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Place halved roast in the slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and pepper.
3. Place onions around the roast.
4. Pour enchilada sauce over the top.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-10 hours (depending on your slow cooker). Meat should be falling apart.
6. Remove roast and place on a cutting board. Shred.
7. Remove onions chunks and discard. Pour juices into a separate bowl.
8. Place shredded beef back in the slow cooker. Pour desired amount of juices back onto the meat. Stir in the tomato paste, Worcestershire and garlic salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve over salad with favorite toppings. (You can also serve this meat over tortillas as tacos)
It’s Memorial Day today…the unofficial kick-off of summer. What better way to celebrate than eating some delicious salad? As the weather warms, my husband and I crave salads. If you enjoy enchilada sauce, this is a good one to add to the rotation. The slow cooker will keep your kitchen cool and you can enjoy dinner without much hassle at all. I love serving this salad with some avocado and tortilla chips and don’t forget to make the best dressing ever. 4 stars.