Instant Pot Salted Caramel Apple Crumble–soft granny smith apples, topped with a buttery crumble top, salted caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Instant Pot Salted Caramel Apple Crumble
I’m usually a chocolate type of person. About 99% of the time. But this Instant Pot salted caramel apple crumble with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top swayed me to give up chocolate for a night. I love how this apple crumble has an extra portion of buttery crumble topping because we all know that’s the best part!
What kind of apples are best? I love using tangy granny smith apples for this apple crumble recipe. You can also try Jonagold or Honeycrisp apples.
What kind of caramel sauce? For sake of ease I purchased salted caramel ice cream topping. Mine was the Smucker’s brand. If you want you can make homemade salted caramel sauce.
Can I make this in the oven instead? I haven’t tried baking this in the oven but my guess is that it would turn out great. I’d try baking in a 8×8 inch dish for 30 minutes at 350° F (cover with foil for first 20 minutes and then remove for last 10 minutes).
What Equipment Do I Need to Make Instant Pot Salted Caramel Apple Crumble?
- A 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot*
- A pot in pot dish like…7×3 inch*, 7×4 inch*, 3 quart liner*
- Sling/Trivet* to drop the pot-in-pot dish down into pot and to retrieve it
- Foil to cover the pan
More Instant Pot Apple Recipes…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Soft granny smith apples, topped with a buttery crumble top, salted caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 3 granny apple smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- Salted caramel ice cream topping (I used Smucker’s Simple Delight Salted Caramel Topping)
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Add apples into a pot-in-pot pan (I used 7×3 inch Fat Daddios Cake Pan). Drizzle a tablespoon of caramel over the top of the apples.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugars, butter and salt. The mixture will be crumbly but stay together when squeezed. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the apples. Drizzle a tablespoon of caramel over the top of the crumble topping. Cover the pan with foil.
- Add 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place pan on a trivet/sling and lower the pan into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 18 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Remove the pan and foil.
- Scoop into bowls and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and then drizzle each serving with a tablespoon of salted caramel.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.