Instant Pot Mississippi Beef Noodles–shredded beef and noodles with the most amazing flavor ever! This dish is easy to make (dump and go!) and will soon be requested frequently!
Note: the SLOW COOKER instructions are listed in the recipe below
Instant Pot Mississippi Beef Noodles
If you’ve ever tried Mississippi Roast and loved it I have a recipe for you! These Instant Pot Mississippi beef noodles are so flavorful and so comforting and so easy. Greg said, “I can’t think of anything that would taste better than this.” Skyler said, “you get that meaty taste with a little kick.”
The roast is braised in beef broth and pepperoncini juice with flavoring from a gravy packet, a ranch packet, butter and pepperoncinis. Then the roast is shredded and frozen egg noodles (this is a must!) are added into the pot and quickly pressure cooked. The pot doesn’t take much time at all to come to pressure the second time because it’s already hot. The thick noodles taste like homemade pasta and suck up all that flavorful juice. This is a homerun meal that I know you will love!
Where do you find frozen egg noodles? Look in the freezer aisle at your grocery store. I found mine by the frozen breads. The kind that I used were the “Grandma’s” brand. They look more like thick fettuccine noodles than egg noodles. They taste like homemade pasta and I think are a non-negotiable in making this recipe!
What kind of roast can I use? I used a rump roast but you can also use a trimmed chuck roast.
Where can I find pepperoncinis? Look next to the jarred pickles. You’ll see a jar with the yellow peppers inside. I chose to use sliced pepperoncinis but you can also use whole.
What if I don’t want to use gravy or ranch packets? You can make your own homemade versions! You can find out how by reading my Mississippi Roast with No Packets recipe.
More Instant Pot Beef Recipes You’ll Love…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Shredded beef and noodles with the most amazing flavor ever! This dish is easy to make and will soon be requested frequently!
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup juice from pickled pepperoncinis
- 2 – 2 1/2 pounds rump roast or chuck roast
- 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix (I used Hidden Valley)
- 3 Tbsp brown gravy mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled pepperoncinis
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen eggs noodles (look in the freezer aisle next to frozen breads)
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Pour the broth and pepperoncini juice into the Instant Pot.
- Cut off the fat cap of the rump roast and discard. Cut the rump roast into 4 pieces, across the grain. Place them in the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix and gravy mix on top of the roast. Place butter and pepperoncinis into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 60 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 15 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove lid.
- While the roast is cooking remove the noodles from the bag. Place on a paper towel on the counter separating them as they thaw.
- Move the pieces of roast to a cutting board.
- Add the thawed noodles into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 7 minutes. When time is up move the valve venting. If foam comes out move valve back to sealing and try again in 20 seconds. Remove the lid.
- While noodles are cooking shred up the beef.
- Add the beef back into the Instant Pot and stir well with the noodles.
- Serve and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Cut off the fat cap of the rump roast and discard. Cut the rump roast into 4 pieces, across the grain. Place them in the slow cooker.
- Add in pepperoncini juice, broth, gravy mix, ranch mix, butter and pepperoncinis.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until beef is tender and shreddable. Thaw the noodles for 30 minutes before adding them in.
- Shred the roast. Add in the thawed noodles. Cover and cook on high for another 1-2 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe works best in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. You can halve the recipe in the 3 quart Instant Pot.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.