Pizza flavors without all the calories! Add your favorite pizza toppings to customize to your family’s preferences. This recipe can be low carb.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 8 oz sliced or chopped mushrooms
- 1 (24 oz) jar Classico Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 25 slices of pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and pepper. Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Layer the following ingredients: mushrooms, pasta sauce, green peppers, pepperoni, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Stir. If you’d like to thicken it turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. In a small bowl stir together 1 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1-2 Tbsp of water, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly.
- Serve with a side of garlic texas toast.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Brown the ground beef and stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and pepper. Add to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Layer the following ingredients on top: mushrooms, pasta sauce, green peppers, pepperoni, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on low around 4 hours on on high for 2 hours.
To make this low carb use a low carb spaghetti sauce.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot