Instant Pot Crustless Pizza–-pizza flavors without all the calories! Add your favorite pizza toppings to customize to your family’s preferences. This recipe can be low carb.
Note: the SLOW COOKER instructions are listed in the recipe card below.
Instant Pot Crustless Pizza
This recipe for Instant Pot crustless pizza has pepperoni, ground beef, cheese, green peppers, mushrooms and marinara sauce. Lots of pizza flavor without the crust. This is a good choice for people that are trying to cut calories or have a lower carb pizza option. A serving only has 264 calories. If you are watching carbs you can serve this plain or over spaghetti squash. If you don’t care about the numbers you can serve with with a garlic bread or Texas toast and use it to sop up all the sauce (this was my choice 😜).
Instant Pot Crustless Pizza Recipe Notes:
- How does it not burn? You’ll notice I only use ½ cup of liquid. The reason I did this was because the layer of mushrooms on top of the beef lets off a lot of liquid and helps the pot come to pressure. If you leave out the mushrooms you may want to increase the broth to 1 cup. The other really important part of this recipe is the layering. It is important that you layer the ingredients instead of stirring them all together. This will help prevent the burn error message.
- Marinara sauce: I used Classico brand pasta sauce. I really liked the roasted garlic kind for this recipe! It had great flavor! Feel free to use your favorite brand of marinara sauce.
- Can I add or subtract pizza toppings? Sure! Add your favorite toppings like olives, onions, Canadian bacon, sausage, bacon, pineapple, spinach etc. Just make sure to layer them on top of the mushrooms. You can also leave out toppings you don’t enjoy. But if you leave out the mushrooms you’ll want to increase the broth amount to 1 cup.
- What should I serve with Instant Pot crustless pizza? I served mine with a piece of garlic Texas toast (buy in the freezer section of your grocery store) and a green salad with olive garden salad dressing. Other choices are to serve with spaghetti squash, pasta, French bread, breadsticks, etc.
More Instant Pot Pizza Recipes…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Pizza flavors without all the calories! Add your favorite pizza toppings to customize to your family’s preferences. This recipe can be low carb.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 8 oz sliced or chopped mushrooms
- 1 (24 oz) jar Classico Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 25 slices of pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and pepper. Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Layer the following ingredients: mushrooms, pasta sauce, green peppers, pepperoni, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Stir. If you’d like to thicken it turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. In a small bowl stir together 1 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1-2 Tbsp of water, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly.
- Serve with a side of garlic texas toast.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Brown the ground beef and stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and pepper. Add to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Layer the following ingredients on top: mushrooms, pasta sauce, green peppers, pepperoni, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on low around 4 hours on on high for 2 hours.
To make this low carb use a low carb spaghetti sauce.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.