Makes 6-8 servings
2 1/2-3 lb boneless pork loin roast
1 large garlic clove, slivered
5-6 potatoes, cubed
1 large onion, sliced
3/4 cup broth, tomato juice, or water
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp cold water
1. Make slits in roast and insert slivers or garlic. Put under broiler to brown.
2. Put potatoes in slow cooker. Add half of onions. Place roast on onions and potatoes. Cover with remaining onions.
3. Combine broth and soy sauce. Pour over roast.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 8 hours. Remove roast and vegetables from liquid.
5. Combine cornstarch and water. Add to liquid in slow cooker. Turn to High until thickened. Serve over sliced meat and vegetables.
Variation: Use sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.
Review: I loved this meal. Pork truly is the other white meat. I put my pork roast in the crockpot in the early morning and it was still frozen. I cooked it on low for probably 5 hours and then turned it to high for the last 2 hours. It worked great. The gravy turned out well also. I have never made gravy before. Can you believe it? I was so proud of myself. The meat was tender and moist and could have been easily shredded. It is a lot less expensive than a traditional beef roast. I’ll definitely make this again. 4 stars.