Whether you’re hosting a football watching party or attending one you need to make these meatballs! I promise they will get eaten up in 2 seconds flat. Everyone will be asking you for the recipe. It may get a little bit embarrassing when you tell them that they just have three ingredients–frozen meatballs, grape jelly or apricot preserves (I know), and chili sauce. That’s it! Really. It sounds weird but they are so good.
Start this recipe with your slow cooker and a bag of frozen homestyle meatballs. If you’re making for a large group of people, I recommend doubling the recipe. You’ll still be able to fit everything into a 6 quart slow cooker with no problems.
You’ll stir the grape jelly and chili sauce together and coat the meatballs with it. Then you’ll simply cover the slow cooker and turn it on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours. The meatballs are already cooked through so they basically just need to be warmed. When the meatballs are heated up you can just switch the slow cooker to warm and serve the meatballs straight out of the crock. This will keep them warm while serving.
These meatballs are a perfect appetizer. With only 3 ingredients and the use of your crockpot they literally take 3 minutes to prepare. They are super flavorful with a little bit of savory and a little bit of sweetness.
- 1/2 cup grape jelly (or you can use apricot preserves)
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 (24 oz) package of frozen meatballs
- Combine grape jelly and chili sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker. Whisk until somewhat smooth.
- Pour in the frozen meatballs. Use a spoon to coat the meatballs in the sauce.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4 hours. When meatballs are heated through, turn the slow cooker to warm. Serve and enjoy!
Ideal slow cooker size: 6 quart
- Method: Slow Cooker