Makes 6-8 servings
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 cup diced onion
1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (4 oz) green chiles
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 3/4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup biscuit mix
1. Brown the beef and onion in a frying pan. Drain off any grease. Layer in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker.
2. Pour tomatoes over beef. Pour chiles over tomatoes. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chiles. Sprinkle cheese over chiles.
3. Combine biscuit mix and eggs and whisk until smooth. Pour over the top of the beef mixture.
|The use of a kitchen towel helps the contents of the slow cooker stay dry and not get dripped on.|
4. Place kitchen towel over the slow cooker and then place lid on top of the towel, making sure the lid is secure. Cook on HIGH for about 2 hours.
5. Serve topped with salsa and lettuce.
Totally a mediocre recipe. It was eaten but without enthusiasm. Flavor was lacking.