|Photo by Katie Dudley Photography|
1 lb beef stew meat
4 tsp Shirley J Slow Cooker Beef Seasoning, divided
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 medium onion, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp canola oil
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp Shirley J beef bouillon mixed with 1 cup hot water
1 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
1/3 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper
1 cup fresh button mushrooms, sliced
1. Combine 3 tsp Shirley J Slow Cooker Beef Seasoning, 1 Tbsp tomato paste, onion, garlic and oil in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 4-5 minutes, stirring every minute, until onions are soft. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Add the beef into the slow cooker along with the vinegar, beef bouillon and tapioca. Stir to combine.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, until beef is very tender.
4. Add in basil to taste, 1 tsp Shirley J Slow Cooker Beef Seasoning, sour cream and mushrooms. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes and serve over noodles or rice.
Makes 4 servings
This recipe is amazing. The Shirley J products season it beautifully. The sauce is deep and rich and there is no cream of mushroom/chicken soup in it. My husband and I both loved this dinner and I’m going to be making it again soon. 5 stars.