Makes 8-10 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: 6 quarts
3 lbs red potatoes, quartered (with skins on)
1 1/2 cups water
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 bay leaves
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup (plus more, if needed) half and half (or heavy cream or milk)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse the quartered potatoes with cold water (this will prevent them from getting brown) and place potatoes in bottom of slow cooker. Pour water over the potatoes.
2. Add in garlic cloves and bay leaves. Sprinkle the salt over the top.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for about 4-6 hours (or until potatoes are tender).
4. When potatoes are tender, remove the bay leaves and garlic. Drain off the water.
5. Add the butter and half and half into the slow cooker. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or use a hand mixer. Salt and pepper to taste and serve!
I don’t make mashed potatoes very often but after eating these I am going to more!! YUM. I loved using the red potatoes. They are my fave. I loved not having to peel them. These would be a perfect side dish to your Thanksgiving dinner. 4 stars.