1/4 cup milk
2 slices bread, cubed
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 tbsp chopped green peppers (I used red peppers)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup
8 small red potatoes
4-6 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
1. Beat together eggs and milk.
2. Stir in bread cubes, onions, green peppers, salt, and pepper. Add beef and mix well.
3. Shape into loaf that is about an inch smaller in circumference than the inside of the slow cooker. Place loaf into slow cooker.
4. Spread top with ketchup.
5. Place carrots and potatoes around meatloaf.
6. Cover. Cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat and cook on low for 7-8 hours longer.
This is a recipe that comes straight from mom's kitchen. Or at least it should have. This is something that my family would have eaten when I was growing up. It is a bonus meal because it includes veggies in the main dish so everything is made and done! So easy and so tasty. I didn't know how my family would like this meal but my 3 year old had 3 huge helpings! WOW! By the way, she doesn't eat. I am surprised that she is alive with how little she eats. So for her to ask for thirds is a BIG deal. The one thing that I would do different next time is to put the meatloaf on a rack. I don't have one yet but I'm planning on getting one soon. That way all the grease would go to the bottom and it would be a little more healthy. 4 stars.